The August Edition of FMCG Business Magazine comes to life with a bit of magic. Maybe not real magic, but at least the clever use of Augmented Reality (AR) to promote Shopper Marketing specialists Energi.
What Does AR Do?
AR transforms a 2-D picture into a dynamic, 3-D experience. It does this by turning a marker image (in this case the black circle on the cover) into a trigger that launches a computer-generated experience that is viewed through an app you download onto your smartphone or tablet. It blurs the line between the real world and the digital world. Before long AR will be even simpler when it is integrated into the common social media platforms.
Why Is AR Important?
AR is now moving from technology-based demonstrations that show off what is possible, into creative idea-based uses that enhance the experience of your customers or other people you want to influence.
The beauty of AR is that it links physical things with anything computer-generated such as video, images, experiences or website content.
- You can make your product show people videos or information on shelf.
- You can make your trade stand, or display spring to life.
- You can let people see what things in-store would look like at home.
- You can animate people’s experience as a visitor or customer.
- You can create Pokemon Go-like games to entertain.
- You can add educational features to help customers cook your recipe, or build your flat-pack.
- You can add an exciting digital layer of promotion, while keeping your stores clean.
AR is being used more and more internationally by significant brands like Coca-Cola, Ikea, L’Oreal and Tesco.
It is starting to make products more interesting and shopping more fun. And it is here ready for you to turn on, now. Check out the video below to see it in action or better yet, download the app and scan the marker:
For more information contact Lew Bentley.